Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I fainted!




Yes I did!  Took 42 years but I finally did...Last night...I know you're intrigued so gather yourselves, maybe some smelling salts just in case...Here's the story:

I woke up last night and my bedroom was pretty toasty...I hit my iPhone to check the time...1:46 a.m....
Then I proceeded to stand up and walk to the thermostat located behind an armoire.

Initially I hit the "arrow" button to check the temp...77 degrees.  Hotter than fuck.  No wonder my ass woke up...Then the next thing I remember is thinking, "I'll just adjust this down to 7---"

The next thing I remember?  I'm lying on my bedroom floor.  On my right side...Right arm stretched out with my head laying on top...and strangely my left elbow had a kind of "carpet burny/bruisey feel"...strange given I came to lying on my right side.

I should also note my dog is worthless and had there been a fire I would not be here to type this wonderfully insightful blog post.  Given that I rescued her ass, a lick on the face to help me snap out of my fainting spell stupor would have been nice.  You know, like Lassie would have.

Still trying to figure out the carpet burn on the left elbow....I mean, did I kind of fall and then to a "slide into home" type motion that caused it?  Or maybe I just landed on it hard...theories?  I'm at a loss...

Outta here...

3 comments:

  1. A similar thing happened to me last week, but it was booze-related. Not heat-related. And I guess "faint" wouldn't be the right term. More like "passed out". Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drink more water. Eat a cheeseburger, skinny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earl - HAHA! I've passed out before...this was different. I wish I checked my phone to see how long I was out.

    Tommy - Excellent advice. Can I substitute "Wine" for "Water"? Please say yes.

    ReplyDelete