Thursday, December 1, 2011

I was an asshole at Christmas..



Really.  I was.  An asshole...Want my siblings' phone numbers?  They'll tell you.

I fancied myself a Christmas choreographer.  Around October I'd begin making age appropriate musical selections for my brothers and sisters to sing to my parents on Christmas Eve.  After we performed them at church.  An hour earlier.  But that didn't matter now, did it?

Oh and you know that whole "Silent Night" spiel with the candles at the end of the Christmas Eve service?  I'd make my sibs bring their candles home.  Sure there was only 1/2" left to burn, but we just sang the Silent Night finale fast as shit...minus a few choruses and verses...watching in terror.  Helplessly singing "Sleep in heavenly peace" as the flame disappeared between our thumb and index finger.  Ouch...

Participation in my Christmas program wasn't optional either.  Ask my brothers and sisters.  The ones who still speak to me, that is.  They'll fill you in...

Outta here...

No comments:

Post a Comment