Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Dear God!!!!....WE NEED SOME OXYGEN HERE!"



On one of our visits to Ohio, my family went to my grandparent's house for dinner.  My grandfather was actually a really great cook.  Had a delicious meal of pork tenderloin, homemade mashed potatoes...and for dessert?  Homemade apple pie.  Did I mention he even grew the apples?  He did.

Anyway, that's not the story.  After dinner my grandma always enjoyed sitting to relax in her favorite recliner.  Kind of a 1970's style poop brown tweed fabric.  I have to admit it was pretty cozy.  Until I sat in it once and realized she stuffed dirty kleenex between the chair and cushion.  But I digress.  It was obviously her 'spot'.

We're all sitting in the living room watching television when all of a sudden we hear..."OH MY GOD!  QUICK SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!  GRANDMA'S TURNING BLUE!!!!"  Startled, we turned around to see my mom scrambling to figure how to administer first aid to my grandma.  My grandma, likely confused from a lack of oxygen was just sitting in her chair...blankly staring at my mom...saying nothing.

Indeed the scene was frightening.  Her lips were blue....she was speechless....and my mom got everyone into panic mode...until grandma did something to let us know she was going to be ok....

She lifted a blue toothpick to her lips and continued to pick her teeth.

Funny old bird.  Bet she loved sending my mom into a tizzy...No, I know she did...

See ya!

2 comments:

  1. love that kind of cheeky humour !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dominica - The really funny part is that my grandma wasn't even trying to be funny. She just wanted to pick her teeth with that blue tooth pick not knowing it stained her lips blue...haha!

    ReplyDelete