Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Body Lingo was cool...


1979...My grandmother in Ohio sends me a package for my birthday.  I excitedly opened it and was immediately taken with its contents...

Body Lingo Jeans...They are pictured above...Ever heard of the brand? Look at those chics...Full of confidence, happy...

If I remember correctly, they were purchased from JC Penney's...Mine looked at little more special than the ones pictured above.  I had a Cadillac mack daddy version because my Body Lingo jeans had a bright turquoise stripe down each leg.

Cool.

I liken my Body Lingo jean experience to my birth as a roller rink queen.  Body Lingo was reserved for that occasion.  I'd rock my denim and at one point even had a satin jacket...with a sparkly roller skate on the back...Awesome, right?

Yeah, my Body Lingo jeans really gave me confidence as I stood in the rink not skating when the music cued "Couple Skate"...No one asked me.  But still, I took it in stride.  Body Lingo jeans did nothing to improve my backward skate technique either...

My love affair with my Body Lingo jeans came to a crashing end when my brother and I were throwing a football in our street.  He lobbed the perfect spiral throw.  I ran full speed and dove to catch it...on asphalt.  I rolled backwards with ball in hand...elation quickly followed by horror when I saw I ripped two giant holes in the knees.

Bye bye Body Lingo.  Where's that satin jacket?  That stuff always comes back in style right?

Outta here....


No comments:

Post a Comment